How many times do we make a New Year's resolution for ourselves that is directed toward fitness and/or health? I know I definitely have. I don't like to say that I have failed that resolution because being a failure is not what you become when you lose track. I've wandered off the path many a times, but somehow I always found my way back. This road of mine is so windy with so many turns, but it is MY road and I have complete control of it. So it's time to take control, and it's time to step up to the plate.
One thing I have always done with a health or fitness goal is dive straight in. This time, I want to be a little different. I want to ease myself (and hopefully my husband too) into a fitter me. Baby steps is really the key to all of this. My husband always mentions "this time I'm going to get a gym membership". Within the past 4 years, I have joined and quite the SAME GYM about six times. I never stayed longer than six months, and neither has my husband. At first, we would go a lot! We'd work out, log our work outs, and feel good about ourselves. But then, there was always something else we had to do or we didn't feel like going. Then one day, you realize that you stopped completely. Same thing goes for dieting.
One thing I want to do differently is not consider my eating habits as dieting. I want this to really become how I eat every day! When you tell yourself "I can't have that", you crave it and then mostly binge out later on. What needs to happen is I cut myself off of a certain ingredient for a month, like sugar, so that way I start to "forget" the taste. Instead of sugary sweet after dinner, I will try to find fruit alternatives, or other things of the sort. After the month of living without sugar, I will take the next step.
Baby steps is the key.
Also, I will not get myself (or my husband) a gym membership until it is earned. I feel like if I have to earn the membership, I will want to go more frequently, and I will feel more accomplished. If you set rewards for yourself, you might be more willing to do things.
Ultimately, I'm tired of being tired, of feeling big and stretched out. I will take this one step at a time, and I will try my hardest not to burn myself out.
Baby steps is the key.
To Do:
1) Start sugar "detox" January 1st.
2) Do not track calories
3) Do not track work outs
4) Enjoy eating "sugar free" (use natural alternatives to help have a cleaner diet)
5) Don't stop blogging
Thanks for your support,
Chelsea
No comments:
Post a Comment